1. Tell us about your role and what does it entail?
Tech Executive focused on the Internet of Things and Cloud Computing.
2. What’s your background and how did it lead you to what you’re currently doing?
25 years working in manufacturing, supply chain, and Information Technology taking on several roles at GE, Accenture, Microsoft, and Google. I realized early on that technology can be used to drive innovation and improve lives. I’ve dedicated the last 10 years of my career developing and applying Industry 4.0 technologies like Cloud, Analytics, AI, and IOT to take on some of the world’s greatest challenges.
3. What advice would you give our teens about, getting into your industry?
My greatest growth, most memorable achievements, and rewards have come from taking on “Impossible” missions. My advice is to act as if no problem worth solving is impossible, remove “can’t” from your vocabulary, and believe that with hard work, faith and time, anything is possible.
4. What is the most fun thing about your job?
Working with diverse teams of really smart and humble people to experiment and invent solutions to problems that matter.
I love knowing that what I work on has a chance to make a difference to millions and maybe billions of people around the world!!
5. Did you have someone in your life growing up that provided you the support and inspiration?
My 5th-grade teacher Mr. Gilmer was a former college all-pro basketball player that turned to teaching after a career-ending injury. He taught me that knowledge is the only thing that I can acquire that cannot be taken away from me but can be used to change my life and the life of others.
6. Can you share something about yourself that isn’t well known?
I come from a family of musicians and entertainers going back to the 1800s. I love and appreciate all forms of art and I have experimented with drawing, guitar, poetry, and listen to music for inspiration. Thinking like an artist helps me to be more creative at work.
7. Is there anything else you would like to add?
In the next 50 years, the world will go through the most exciting and necessary transition in human history! We need you and others from your generation to step forward and lead the way!!