2018 Jonathan James Walker Scholarship
This iUrban Teen scholarship is for the benefit of selected young people who have been accepted to, or who are enrolled in good standing in, an accredited two or four-year degree or technical/career program. The program will initially launch in the Portland Metro area and expand to our other iUrban Teen cities in the coming years.
Awards in the amount of $2,000 per student will be made to selected students.
Applications are due by April 27, 2018 and award winners will be announced by May 11, 2018.
Applicant eligibility is based on the following criteria:
- Applicant is a resident of Clark (WA), Cowlitz (WA), Skamania (WA), Multnomah (OR), Washington (OR), or Clackamas (OR) county.
- Applicant is a current or past participant in an iUrban Teen program.
- Applicant has been accepted to, or is enrolled in good standing in, an accredited two or four-year degree or technical/career program.
- Preference given to first-time applicants having graduated high school (or received GED) in the most recent school year. Applications will be considered from higher level students, including repeat applicants or previous recipients, who are otherwise eligible.
- Preference given to applicants who participated in free and reduced lunch program during high school.
Applications and supporting documents must be submitted electronically via the digital form linked in the next section.
Questions and inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications and supporting documents must be submitted electronically via this digital form. The deadline to apply is April 27, 2018.
To know what information is required to complete the electronic form linked above, you can download a PDF version of the application.
As a reminder, the PDF application is for reference only. Applicants must complete and submit their application online via this digital form.
Call to the community:
Consider supporting our fund with your generous donation. Please click on the Donate button below to make your tax-deductible donation.